Sunday, December 14, 2008

Anything but studying!!

Okay, so I'm at the point in my studying for Christian Thought that I no longer care, but I still can't match theories and movements to people.  I'm pretty sure this is not a good place to be in.  And I haven't started looking at ethics yet.  I KNOW this isn't a good place to be in.  But I can do this.  Two more days.  I was just talking to Paige on learnlink and I said that at this point it was like running up a hill at the end of a marathon.  It's important to focus and breathe.  Everything else will follow.

In the meantime I have a really strong desire to anything and everything that is not related to school right now.  I'm talking about everything from playing my saxophone to cleaning the apartment to scrapbooking for the wedding.  I'm starting to think I should just hang it up for the night and get up early tomorrow to look over my notes again.  And maybe say a long prayer before I got to bed.

Bruce is watching something on the Discovery Channel right now about scientifically proving the existence of the 10 plagues.  Actually, they're talking about Exodus in general.  Apparently, scientists are coming to the conclusion that if certain conditions were in place, these miraculous events really could have happened.  I think the whole study is fascinating - history in general is fascinating to me (although I never did well in it) because we're talking about things that we really have no concept of through our current lens) - but it's hard to think about that in relation to spirituality.  How can I bridge the gap between faith in God and science that proves the existence of X, Y, & Z in the bible?

Anyway, I shouldn't be thinking about this right now.  I should be thinking about Christian history (hey, my thoughts are MAKING Christian history, right?!).

Love 'n stuff,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails