Monday, November 17, 2008

"Who Says You Can't Go Home ..."

So Bon Jovi and I are back on speaking terms ... you can go home again.

Bruce and I just had a great weekend in Connecticut.  It went by so quickly!!  His parents and siblings also drove up for the weekend so we all got to be together.  I preached at church on Sunday and it felt so good to be behind that pulpit again.  That pulpit was where I started to understand my own sense of call, and the picture I see in my head every time I start to doubt what I'm doing at Candler.  I preached on 1 Thess 5:1-11, something that I was tested on two weeks ago.  It felt really amazing to be able to go to church - a community that is supporting me in prayer but also financially through seminary and be able to start to implement some of the stuff that I am learning.

I'm sure I'll have much more to say about my trip in the days to come but for right now Bruce and Lilly and I are watching Kung Fu Panda in bed.  After waking up and preaching and then an afternoon of traveling and scrambling to (start and) finish a Con Ed assignment on the plane for tomorrow I'm ready to put my computer down and do something mindless.

nyugalom,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails