Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night

Barack Obama has just been elected the 44th President of the United States of America.

Words do not describe how thrilled, ecstatic, relieved, amazed, overjoyed and hopeful I am at the moment.  Well - perhaps those words do a pretty good job.

This is only the second presidential election that I've voted in, and really only the third one that I remember.  I absolutely cannot imagine what it must feel like for older generations - those who were only a few generations post slavery, those who saw segregation to their left and to their right and those who never even dreamed that a black man would be president - to be part of this.  We have come so far in such a short period of time.

What a rush.

Things are going to get better, I can feel it in my heart.

But for right now I sit on my porch wrapped up in a blanket, scarf and sweater and watching Brian Williams and Tom Brokaw as Bruce smokes his victory cigar and drinks his victory beer.  That's good for now.

CHANGE - HOPE - OBAMA/BIDEN '08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails