Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time to Call in the Experts

I've been telling people who've asked that I feel like I've been running a marathon in a hurricane without my contacts in.  When school started the shot fired, the gates flew open and I've been struggling to keep up ever since.  But I still have faith.

This is going to be a short post - I've been putting off an Ethics paper all week - but I thought I would say this.  There is an old saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words."  My mom took this picture of Bruce and me jumping into their pool when we were up visiting at the beginning of the month.  I usually don't jump in pools - I'm terrified of the cold shock -  but there was something about holding tight to Bruce's hand that helped me get my feet off the ground.  I cropped and zoomed the picture so you can see the look on my face - shrieking with both terror and delight about what would happen when we hit the water.  Life has been hard since school started.  I have a lot of work to do and I've assumed responsibilities that I want to carry out to the best of my abilities.  But if I hold tight to the support of my family and friends, the unknown will seem a little less terrifying and a little more delightful.

Anne Lamott used these words to help her get her feet off the ground:
"I was still lying in bed when I remembered an anonymous poem I've seen several times over the years.  It says that after we jump into the darkness of the unknown, faith lets us believe that we will either land on solid ground, or we will be taught how to fly."

With Grace and Peace,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails