Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Thoughts On The Other Side

I'm emotionally spent.


And now we wait.

Our legal system is such a hot mess.  I cannot even imagine the psychological ramifications that this roller coaster of a process (if you can even call it a process) is having on Troy Davis, his family and (I may ruffle some feathers for saying this) Officer MacPhail's family.

Here's the thing.

I am not angry with Officer MacPhail's family.  Yes, they are calling for Davis' execution and yes I disagree with them.  But they are grieving a life taken too soon.  They are trying to find answers in a broken world.  They are looking for closure.

Unfortunately, the quest for justice is not black and white, at least not on a human level.  No matter what happens in this case, I do not think that justice will be served.  No one wins.  A man died.  A family grieves.  Another man's life has been turned upside down by a broken legal system.  Another family grieves.

No one wins.

Bless the Lord my soul, and bless God's holy name.
Bless the Lord my soul, who leads me into light.

Bruce and I were both in need of a sit down, home cooked meal tonight.  We (along with millions) have been glued to social media and news sites all day and I think at some point we realized how much we just wanted to be together right now.


I made Mexican Soup for dinner (I was home first, so I cooked), which is such a yummy fall meal.  It was one of the first recipes I ever posted!


Enjoyed with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.


Somehow we went from watching NCIS to watching Top Gear.  I'll be honest - I don't get the humor (or the fascination with cars) but I get a kick out of the accents.  Regardless, I'm not paying much attention - I'm glued to twitter.

I will see you all in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails