Saturday, September 24, 2011

Musings Of A Twenty-Something Pastor Part IV

1. My theory on sermon-writing is pretty simple:  If you do not have a good illustration, start with a bad joke.

Warning:  Tomorrow's sermon starts with a really bad joke.

2. Our webmaster extraordinaire (his name is actually Bruce and that is what I call him, but I think 'webmaster extraordinaire' has a neat ring to it) embedded a calendar into our church website:


Neat, right?  I have had so much fun playing with it and adding events that I am contemplating giving up my paper calendar and 'going google'.

Oh, but I love my paper calendar.

3. I had a Middle School Youth Group Meeting tonight and somehow I found myself comparing images in the church and Christianity to the motion that a baseball coach makes when he's telling someone to steal third.

I'm not sure how I got there.

4. Y'all who commented on this post are absolutely right:  The Help is awesome!  I'm glad I am reading the book first, but I hear the movie stays true to the book so I am looking forward to seeing it.

5. My sweet husband is currently packing for tomorrow's fishing trip.  He seems to be more excited for the fishing trip than my sermon (I'm sure that's not true?) and keeps making comments about needing to be at the fishing spot by 12:09, which is low tide.

I have a feeling that is his subtle way of saying, "Don't get long winded."

We'll see.

{Insert mischievous laugh here}

***

Part I
Part II
Part III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails