Monday, September 19, 2011

Colt State Park

When Bruce started working a few weeks ago, we weren't really sure what his schedule as going to look like so we just kind of took things one day at a time and did the best we could to spend time together when both of us weren't working.

Unfortunately - our schedules were completely clashing!  We made due for awhile, but there comes a point where we actually want to see each other, haha.  Bruce tends to have Sundays and Mondays off so I have decided to switch my day off so we at least have the option of one day together.  I did have some meetings tonight, but we took off this morning to explore Colt State Park in Bristol, Rhode Island.


It was a gorgeous fall day!  We were both in jeans and long-sleeved shirts and that was perfect.


I'm starting to wonder if I will ever get used to the fact that I live this close to the coast!  I hope not - it's kind of a cool novelty. 


Bruce didn't have any fishing rods along on this trip and - of course - we kept passing spots where he could tell there were a lot of big fish.  Next time, Bruce!


We weren't really in the mood for a big sit down meal, so we stopped at Panera (we had some other errands to finish in the area) on our way home for lunch:


I had a Thai Chopped Chicken Salad.  Very good - they don't skimp on the salad fixin's there!


Dinner was late, because I didn't get home again until 8:30.  We started the night by taste testing some cheese for Foodbuzz (more to come on that tomorrow) ... 


... and then Bruce pulled this out of the crockpot!


My sweet husband put the following in the crockpot this afternoon:
  • Beef Roast
  • 1 Can Beef Broth
  • Potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Kale
  • Splash Liquid Smoke
  • Splash Vinegar
  • Pepper
And let it cook on high for a couple of hours.


We haven't used the crockpot in awhile - that needs to change.


Bruce also bought a pumpkin beer to pair with the meal for the two of us to share.


Honestly, I didn't really like it - but I don't like fruity beers so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.  Bruce really liked it, though - so don't be deterred by my strange palate!

Wow, 10:45 already?  What a day.  I really enjoyed the time away, though, even if it was only for half the day.  It was so peaceful and a nice escape.  Lovely!

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I love Panera and only wish we had one in driving distance. But back in college that thai chicken salad used to be one of my panera stables (along with a bowl of french onion soup of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty area! You must love getting to explore all the coastal towns nearby :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails