Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blogging & Birthdays!

What a fun day!  I was able to get a lot of work done this morning and then snuck out of town to meet Kate & Benjamin for Owen's 1st Birthday Party!


Kate and I met through our blogs when I was still living in Atlanta.  I never would have thought one day I would live within an hour of them - how fun!  I love getting to meet bloggers.

Owen's birthday was actually at the end of July, but because so many people were out of town Benjamin and Kate celebrated in July and then had a party this weekend.  I see nothing wrong with celebrating twice, agreed?


I saw something on twitter last night about a six layer cake, but I didn't really put two and two together until Kate started cutting the cake today ... 


Isn't that amazing?


I loved the rainbow theme!


Kate & Benjamin are just as sweet in person as they are on their blog - it was so great to finally meet them in person! 

And Owen?


Oh my goodness adorable.


And so grown up!  I remember when he was born!

Tomorrow is Rally Sunday at the church!  It is going to be a busy, busy Sunday so I am going to rest up and get myself centered.  Deeeeep breaths.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cake! I'd love to be able to make one someday, but I just don't think I could pull it off. It's so pretty and I love how the theme carried through with even the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, We are all SO GLAD you were able to join us for the big day! Awesome to meet you (finally!) and can't wait to get together again soon.

    @Shoshanah, I will tell you a little secret. This was actually my first time ever baking a cake (I've made cupcakes and bars and cookies, but never a cake)... it looks way more impressive than I would have imagined. Super easy, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails