Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Shining Star

Oh my goodness, I actually cooked tonight!


Okay, okay - busted.  I didn't really cook.  I really just heated up some leftovers - it just happened to happen on the stove.


I pan-fried some frozen green beans (from our garden!) and some leftover chicken in butter and seasoned it with sea salt, pepper and old bay.  I contemplated adding rice, but then the thought crossed my mind that I had eaten a bagel for breakfast, a sandwich (that was mostly bread) for lunch and snacked on leftover communion bread this afternoon - so another grain wouldn't be necessary. :)


With the busyness of yesterday, I didn't get a chance to show you this beautiful glass starfish necklace that one of the parents gave me yesterday during Vacation Bible School!  The theme was SCUBA - "Super Cool Underwater Bible Adventures" - so all of the stories were water related.  Isn't it neat?  She also gave the Church School Director a beautiful glass fish necklace.  Thank you Angie!

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I am already in bed and it's only 9:00.  I'm not sure I'll fall asleep right away, but I'm pretty much spent and in need of a some solid downtime tonight.  I cannot believe tomorrow is Sunday already!  Oy.

Goodnight, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, there's nothing wrong with being bed by 9- or even 8 if necessary!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails