Friday, August 12, 2011

Book 'Em Danno!

TGIF!

My night has been spent with my iPhoto library and a movie in the background and now I have something ridiculously fun to share!  As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program with KODAK Gallery, I was lucky enough to be selected to review one of Kodak's Quickstart Photo Books!  I think that photo books are quickly becoming the new photo album, so I was thrilled to get the offer to review one.

Bruce and I thought about some different book ideas and ultimately decided that it would be neat to create a book that reflected all of the changes that we have been through over the past year.  A year ago we were living in Georgia and I had no idea what my next step was in my ordination and job search.  Now I am ordained, we've moved to Massachusetts, I've started my first call and Bruce is getting ready to start a new job as well (more on that later!).  I thought it would be incredible to see that year-long journey in one book.

Once I had the idea, it was very easy to get started.


I started by digging into my archives and pulling the photos that I wanted to use.  Honestly, that was the most tedious part of the entire process - and that is only because I don't keep all of my photos on my laptop!


Once all of the photos were uploaded, Kodak immediately dropped them (in the order of the date that they were taken - very helpful!) into a book.  The best part about this was the fact that you do not have to start from scratch with the book (which is kind of daunting).  There is already something there to work with!


At that point, I could either look at the whole book or individual pages to rearrange, pick new layouts, add captions, delete pictures/pages, add pictures/pages, etc. etc.

Oh - If you look at the top right hand corner, you'll see a price.  That price updates every time you add or subtract a page - great if you are on a budget.


I named the book, "Grace Unexpected: Our Journey Here" and I absolutely cannot wait to see it in person!

Now that I've seen how easy it is to make a book like this, I think I may try to do it more often!  I think it is such a neat way to record your history.  And depending on the type of book you order, they really aren't that expensive.  I've noticed with photo books, your quality really does match your price.  Kodak's books seem to be middle of the road - they are reasonably priced and still very high quality.  Great balance!

So ... Do you want to make one?  Well, guess what - Koday Gallery is providing y'all with an exclusive 40% off a medium or large photo book right now! You can redeem this offer at www.kodakgallery.com/creativity anytime before 8/31.

Thank you Foodbuzz and Kodak - what a fun product to review.  Stay tuned - I'll give a full report when it comes in!

Book 'Em!

***

Now for some legal chatter: I was contacted by the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program and KODAK to do a review of this specific product and was given this product free of charge. However - the opinions I expressed in this post were completely my own. Over and out. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails