Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Photography Updates

I thought it would be nice to give a couple of updates on my latest photography interests and gear.  Enjoy!

1. Plate to Pixel

Did anyone else see The Pioneer Woman's post this morning on her photography site?


I'm officially in love this this book by Helene Dujardin.  I'm dying to get my hands on a copy!

2. Battery Grip

This battery grip was potentially the best investment I've made in awhile.  It has steadied my hand so much when shooting, which has helped tremendously in poorly-lit situations.


I don't know how I ever shot without it.

3. Photo Editing

I told myself last winter that when I was settled in with a job and a balanced budget, I would splurge and buy myself a photo editing program.


Right now I'm primarily using iPhoto.

Well, it turns out that having a job and a balanced budget has just made me cheap and paranoid.  There will be no splurging until I have a couple of months of saving under my belt.  Oh well!

4. Hanging Photos

We have lived here for almost three months and still do not have a ton of photos on the walls.  Bruce asked me that other day if we could print some of my stuff to frame and hang and I just about cried.  Of course!  Here are some of my thoughts ...


We're doing a nautical/beach theme in our guest room and I think this would be nice on the far wall.


In New York ...
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of ...

How about some black & white photos of the Big Apple in our living room?


This is one of my favorite instagram pics that I've taken so far - I think it would look great in our bedroom - very calming!


Bruce loves this one, too.

5. Progress


I can't believe how far I've come since I took this photo.  Investing in a dSLR was one of the smartest decisions I've made!

***

Happy Wear a Dress Tuesday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. stumbled here and love the dress on tuesdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah -
    Photoshop Elements is great. Much better than iPhoto (which I've struggled with all year long). I think it is only $99 and it does everything that I need it to do.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. erm, yeah, i want that lighthouse one in MY guestroom!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails