Saturday, June 11, 2011

Let Us Break Bread Together

Bruce and I are starting a series at the church where we encourage families and friends to get together for dinner so we can join them and get to know everyone and the Rehoboth area a little bit better.  We've had dinner with a few people so far (remember the Grilled Pizza?) and tonight we continued that.

(Side note - the timing was perfect.  The prospect of not cooking after a day of traveling was beautiful.)


We brought a bottle of red that I loved! (Thank you, Tim - this was the one you had given us!) It was very dry, but still smooth and had a ton of rich flavor.


We started with Cheese + Walnuts & Crackers (I didn't see what kind of cheese it was but I'll ask tomorrow at church - I liked it!  It was very soft.)


I <3 Summer Grilling!  I know, I know, I know - we need to get ourselves a grill.  We're pricing them out now.


Surf 'n Turf!


Steak, Scallions & Swordfish (I didn't have the seafood, but Bruce said it was good!), Mushrooms, Onions, Tomatoes and a Salad (lettuce fresh from the garden!) that I forgot to take a picture of ... 


1.5 pieces of pie for dessert and I am officially stuffed and exhausted.  Thank you John and Jane! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails