Monday, June 13, 2011

Anniversary Dinner

A big thank you to my mom for offering to buy us dinner tonight!


We went to 1149 Restaurant & Bar, a restaurant over in Seekonk, a neighboring town.


I started the night with a Ruta 22 Malbec from Patagonia, Argentina.  It was kind of incredible.  It was dry, but not the driest I've ever had (so if you don't like dry wine I think you'll still like it).


This was also incredible. I love when bread is served warm!


Bruce ordered the clams appetizer - I don't really do seafood, but I liked the toast that came with it!


Actually, the toast was really good dipped in all of the juices that the clams were cooked in.  Does that count as eating seafood?


I ordered a burger and hand cut fries, which were both amazing!


You could tell that the roll was put on the same grill that the burgers were done on - tons of meaty flavor in the bread!

It was all delicious, however this course stole the show ...


A Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Miniature Indulgence.

Need I say more?

I'm totally stuffed, but totally content.  Thank you for all of the emails, facebook messages, tweets, texts and calls!  It has been a wonderful anniversary.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi! How nice of your Mom to give such a great present! I bought Ruta 22 to sell more as a joke (because of nearbye Rt. 22 in Amenia....and it sells well! Now I can't phase it out!! Need to find a Ruta 41... !! :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails