Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunny Sundays

Everything's coming up roses!


I headed out for a long walk this afternoon.  I had walked about two miles when I decided to pick up my pace to a run for 1/2 a mile.  I wanted to see how my knee felt after a winter of coulda-woulda-shoulda (ie not a lot of) running.  The verdict?  It felt great!  All in all a great walk - 3.65 miles in 52:10, averaging a 14:17 pace.
  • Mile 1 - 14:41
  • Mile 2 - 14:12
  • Mile 3 - 12:48
  • 3.00 - 3.65 - 10:28 (16:06/mile pace)
I know that nothing beats the runner's high, but walking is such great exercise!  And a 15:00 mile is a really fast pace, so I'm happy that I was able to get in a good low-impact workout.

After an awesome hour outside, I headed back to the church for Confirmation Class.  I came into this year's Confirmation at the end, but apparently the confirmands and the mentors have been trading the dinner responsibilities back and forth during meetings and the confirmands were responsible for bringing dinner tonight. 


All I can say is WOW.  I'm pretty sure the only things I knew how to cook when I was being confirmed were chocolate chip cookies and frozen chicken nuggets.  They did an awesome job!

It has been a long, but awesome day!  I'm going to crash as soon as I hit publish - goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails