Saturday, May 28, 2011

Spinach & Strawberry Salad

I'm kind of excited about dinner with friends tonight.


I'm bringing this.

Inspired by my lovely friend Cheryl, who used to bring something similar to potlucks at Pilgrimage (miss you guys!), I give you ...

Spinach & Strawberry Salad

10 cups Baby Spinach
1 pound Strawberries
1/4 cup Red Onion
2/3-1 cup Sliced Almonds
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

This couldn't be more easy (especially because I cheated and bought the dressing!).


Throw your spinach in a bowl.


Slice your strawberries - you'll get about 4-5 slices per strawberry, depending on size.


Mmm.  Throw them in the bowl and toss it up.


Finely dice the red onions and toss them in ...


And then measure out your onions and do the same.


Keep chilled until you are ready to serve.

Except when you have it outside in order to have better photography light.

Food blogging makes life confusing.

Cheryl's recipe calls for tossing the salad in the dressing right before you use it.  I might let everyone dish their own dressing, though - for portions sake, but also in case there are leftovers.  Leftover salad that already has dressing makes for a soggy mess ...

We're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails