Sunday, May 8, 2011

Master Bedroom Progress

This was a fabulous idea.


Loaded baked potatoes for dinner!  Baked potatoes are definitely worthy of being an entree - not just a side dish.


I was out running errands while the potatoes were cooking, but I know Bruce seasoned them with salt and Old Bay (!) before he baked them - and then baked them at 400 degrees.  I'm not sure for how long ...

I loaded mine with:
  • Butter
  • Sea Salt & Pepper
  • Chili
  • Diced Tomatoes
  • Cheddar Cheese
I couldn't find chives at the grocery store!  That would have been a nice touch.


Speaking of nice touch ... here's a sneak peak at what we've been up to since we got home from church today:


This was our master bedroom on move in day.  Brightly painted peach color and textured wallpaper.


 Not really our style.


Bruce has been hard at work stripping wallpaper, spackling and sanding all week so today we were able to buy our paint and get both coats on! 

We decided - on a few recommendations - to try Behr's new paint & primer in one and were very please with the results.  We rolled on two coats and you really can't see the watermelon pink that once adorned the walls.  Amazing.


Unfortunately, the before photos were taken with daylight and these were taken just now in terrible lighting - but you get the idea.  Much warmer - but not too dark!  The color was Behr's 'Coriander Seed' if anyone is curious.


I will hopefully get better pictures in the daylight.  I'm excited to put the room together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails