Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chasing Butterflies

Happy Wear a Dress Tuesday!


I tried to take a self portrait again - the camera is just too big!


Thank you for grabbing the camera, Bruce!


I adore this dress and I love how nicely the thicker heel compliments it.  Agreed?

***

So I received an absolutely amazing gift this afternoon and I had to share ...


Our Church School Sunday is coming up next Sunday and all of the kids have been bringing in white t-shirts for one of the teachers to tie-dye.  A few weeks ago, a few of us were talking about the shirts and I mentioned that it would be fun if we could find a way to make me a tie dye stole to wear that day.  Abbie - one of our teachers - MADE THIS HERSELF! 

She bought the fabric already tie dyed, we traced one of my other stoles and then she sewed it together.  Then she put on the butterflies - which represent new beginnings.


Isn't that gorgeous?  I'm speechless!

Well, not really.

Thank you Abbie!  Now that you know how to make them, I have an idea for another one ...

:)

4 comments:

  1. She tie-dyed that herself??? Amazing! Seriously how did she get all the beautiful swirls in there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress and stole! I wore a dress yesterday too, but it's so hard to get a self-portrait. I also painted my nails bright pink, as per your GT post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! you have been totally blessed by your congregation, miss sarah!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails