Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Birthday Amidst Chaos

I think I've sung Happy Birthday to Bruce 15 times today. He asked me why I kept singing and I told him I just felt bad that his birthday happened to fall in the middle of all of this chaos. He is such a good sport though - he keeps saying that he's just happy to have a house and a new community to be a part of!


We took the day off from unpacking so I could show my mom and sister around town a little bit.  My mom took us all out to a late lunch to celebrate Bruce's birthday at The Old Grist Mill Tavern.  The search committee actually took us to this restaurant when Bruce and I came out to visit in February - it was just as good as I remembered it!


What's cool about this restaurant is that it literally used to be a mill - and it's been there for over 250 years!  Great restaurant ambiance.


I ordered a Grilled Chicken Club, which came with seasoned fries.


Bruce and my mom both ordered Fish & Chips.  I don't even like F&C but these smelled amazing!

My mom and sister left shortly after we got back and I packed up and went to my office at church to write my sermon.  I'm sure eventually I will do my last-minute writing here, but all of the boxes were entirely too distracting tonight!


My mom bought me this candle while we were out today.  I wrote and pretended I was on the beach. :)

It was nice to be able print my sermon at church, get ready for worship and leave everything there.  Less to think about in the morning!


I spy a new addition in the bulletin ...

Bruce and I are settling in and watching Top Gear.  This show is ridiculous.  Goodnight!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new position! Sounds so so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and praying that tomorrow will be all you want it to be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about tomorrow!!! Love you. Sending up positive vibes from Florida...where, truth be told, the beaches do not smell like that candle...they smell better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i kinda wish i lived in rehoboth to come to your sermon!! i pray tomorrow will be awesome! : )

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails