Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Celebrating With Tempura!

You know what Bruce and I haven't done since I was offered a job, accepted said job, planned a Call Sunday, traveled to Massachusetts, preached, was voted into the church, traveled back to Connecticut, remembered I was preaching at the Episcopal church the next day, wrote another sermon, preached and folded 17 loads of laundry?


Celebrate!

After the Ash Wednesday service tonight, Bruce asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner to celebrate the past couple of weeks and new beginnings.  How could I resist?


We went to Wasabi, which is just south of the monument on Route 7, kind of tucked away.


I started with some hot green tea ...


And a bowl of Miso Soup.


Cheers to new beginnings!


I ordered the Chicken and Vegetable Tempura, which was absolutely incredible.  Bruce had never had tempura before, so he tried some of mine.  I think he liked it!


Anybody else love eating with chopsticks?


Just me?

***

I hope you all had a wonderful Ash Wednesday and start to your Lenten season.  I know people tend to get caught up in the "what are you giving up" aspect of Lent, but I would encourage you to think about the different ways that YOU can make the journey to the cross.  You don't necessarily have to give something up.  Think about how you - as an individual who needs careful and specific nurturing - can best make that journey.

Goodnight!

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I'm glad you guys got a chance to relax and celebrate, you deserve it. I meant to write you back earlier, but I really liked the sermon you gave :) I wish I lived closer and could visit your church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy happy! i like tempura sweet potatoes. mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never had tempra but it looks good!! you are too cute w/the chopsticks! :)

    glad y'all got a chance to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove eating with chopsticks! I went through a phase my first year of seminary where I ate everything- not just chinese food- with chopsticks (just ask Courtney). I liked it because it made me eat slower and therefore realize when I was full before I ate too much...maybe I should go back to that :)

    And congrats on everything! I'm so proud of you and happy for you and Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tempura! I'm glad that you took some time to relax and celebrate after such a busy week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails