Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Know It's Tuna, But It Says 'Chicken Of The Sea' ...

I think my perception of snow is starting to get warped ...


... because this doesn't seem like a lot to me.  Weird?

Happy Wear a Dress Tuesday!  My friend Alex emailed me to tell me that she was wearing a skirt and a red sweater.  She and her colleagues (she's a high school teacher) all wore red today to stand in solidarity with the unions being attacked out west.  What a cool way for them all to come together (and here's to hoping it all gets resolved soon!).

Also - I feel the need to share that I stood outside in the 19 degree temperatures without a coat on to take this picture.  I don't think I'm crazy, I think I'm ready for spring.  Agreed?

Now ... let's talk TUNA!  When Betsey served tuna before our bible study yesterday I was reminded of the fact that I actually really like tuna salad!  I'm not much of a seafood person, but now that I think about it, I used to make an awesome tuna salad when I was in high school  I used to add a little bit of mayo, macaroni and celery and apple slices.  It was delicious! 

We didn't have most of those ingredients tonight when we were making dinner, but there were a couple of cans of tuna in the pantry so we made due.


Bruce mixed up a can of tuna with some olive oil mayonnaise.  He added hard boiled eggs and made a sandwich, but I cooked some mini rigatoni al dente (I didn't want it cooked all the way because I wanted my salad to have a crunch to it) and mixed it all together.  Then I topped it with some pepper.


It was delicious!  I think I will try to grab some apples, celery and macaroni next time I am at the grocery store and make the salad that I used to make.

Have a great night everyone!

***

My next article went live on Suite101 today!  I wrote an article outlining the essentials that I think people should try to keep in their kitchens.  Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I forget about tuna as well! That is something I can probably make. ;))) girl, can't believe that snow. That is cray-zay!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails