Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bean Dip And Church Game Nights

What fun!


We had a potluck dinner and game night at the church tonight.  How ridiculously cute is my husband playing Trouble with this group of 4-6 year old boys?

I tried a new recipe to bring!  I took it out of this cookbook ...


This is the cookbook that my church in Georgia gifted to me when I left.  Aren't church cookbooks the best?  It's like having a potluck in your cabinet!  Here's the simple recipe - scroll to the bottom for more photos from tonight!

Bean Dip
Submitted by Pat Kask to the Pilgrimage United Church of Christ Cookbook


2 cans Refried Beans
1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
1 small can Green Chilies, chopped
1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 (8 ounce) bottle Old El Paso Taco Sauce


Start by layering the refried beans on the bottom of a baking dish. 

*I was making this at church and didn't have my square or rectangle pyrex dishes so I used a round one.  The recipe calls for a low baking dish, but I think this worked pretty well.


Cube the cream cheese and put it on top of the beans.


Drain the chilies and chop them into little pieces.


Layer the cheese on top of the beans, cream cheese and chilies.

*I found a bag of a pre-shredded 2 cup mix of monterey jack and cheddar cheeses.  It worked perfectly!


Then spread the cheese evenly over the dish.


Pour the taco sauce on top ...


And pop the dish into a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes (or until it's bubbly).


Serve with tortilla chips!


We had an AWESOME spread of food tonight.


I took a little bit of everything ...


And a small bowl of chili.


And then I picked off of the dessert table many times throughout the night ...


... while I played 1000 Bornes (a French card game) ...


... took pictures of Elizabeth when she ran up to me and said "CHEEEEEEESE!" ... 


... listened to the cheering coming from a rousing game of Apples to Apples ...


... and embarrassed myself at my sheer lack of knowledge of the 90s in Trivial Pursuit (90's Edition).  I was the electronic organizer!

What a fun night - I'm exhausted!

Night!

2 comments:

  1. Trouble! That picture brings back so many memories. I used to love, love, LOVE that game when I was younger.

    Looks like you had a wonderful evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember playing Mille Bornes when I was younger! I don't really remember the rules, I think it was similar to uno?, but do know that it was a game we played in our house!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails