Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crazy Days & Buyer's Remorse

Whoa.

I left my house for a meeting at 11:00 in the morning and I just got home!  And I left without my computer, so my email went unchecked for NINE HOURS!  Oh the horror ...

I need a smart phone!  I was being economical when I upgraded my phone last year and didn't really need one, but now I'm having buyer's remorse ...

Anyway, you don't need to hear about my phone woes.  How about some lunch?


My mom and I took an unexpected trip to Panera this afternoon - I wasn't complaining!  I had the Sierra Turkey.  I love the Chipotle Mayonnaise!  Can you make that at home?


I ran out of the house without my travel mug of coffee :( so I ordered a large coffee with my lunch.  I love their hazelnut blend.


These chips are my nicotine.  Yum.


Actually, I was having a little bit of buyers remorse at lunch today - my mom got a soup bread bowl and it looked SO good!  She ordered hers with French Onion Soup.


We both had a meeting at the church this evening, so we ate through some leftovers at my parent's house for dinner.  I heated up the last of their chili (I still have some in my fridge!).


My dad has got to teach me how to make this stuff.


Anybody have any family chili recipes they'd be willing to share? ;)

I was driving up our street tonight on my way home from my meeting when my dad called me.  "Are you home?" he asked.  "I'm pulling into my driveway right now."  "Oh," he said.  "I'm sitting in your driveway.  With donuts."

Ummmm ... DONUTS?! Apparently we're supposed to get hit with the biggest blizzard to hit 2011 tomorrow and Saturday, so he's hoping for a school delay or cancellation and prepping with donuts.  And he shared some with me!


Late night snacks are good for the soul.

I'm off to try to catch up on my email.  Night!

4 comments:

  1. Panera Bread is my most favorite place and I looove their food. Really. I go there at least once a week to sit and read and eat and relax... alone. It's wonderful.

    I looked in my Panera Bread cookbook (which I have never cooked anything out of yet but found at a garage sale and needed to have it) to see if it had the mayo for ya... it didn't. :(

    Bread bowl soups are amazing! You should def get one next time haha. And their chips are AMAZING. I look forward to having them every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are supposed to get a Panera here this year... idk where or when...just that it's in 2011. I hope so!!!! I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally can make Chipotle mayonnaise. I'm not sure if this would taste exactly like Panera's version, and it's certainly not exact, but here's what I do:

    For roughly every 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, add approx. 2 tsp. of chili powder, maybe 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder, and dash of black pepper. Sometimes if I have Sriacha sauce in the fridge I'll add a *tiny* squirt of that in there. If the chili powder is too much, add more mayo; if too little, add more chili powder! It also saves really well. FYI, I serve this with spicy turkey burgers - I roast a jalapeno pepper and add it to the meat before frying. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *LOVE* Panera's french onion soup! It's even the first place I started trying french onion soup. My only complaint is that there isn't a Panera anywhere near me :(

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails