Thursday, December 23, 2010

Feliz Navidad

Bruce and I invited my parents and sister over for dinner and Christmas movies tonight!  On the menu ... MEXICAN FOOD!


I haven't had any Mexican food since we've moved and I think I'm going through withdrawal.  It's been almost three weeks!  I don't know how I get out of bed in the morning.


I whipped up a double batch of my Taco Seasoning because we were out.  I love the fact that I've started archiving recipes on my blog.  My favorite eats are available wherever there's wifi!


We're out of cumin!  Oh no!


I love this seasoning.  Not too much, but still makes your lips sting.


I'm not going to lie - my mom and I bought this wine when we were out today because we liked the name of it.

Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away ...


It was a little bit bitter, but still good.  It's hard to go wrong with a malbec.

Bruce and I love serving up a big spread when we make Mexican food.  Here's what was on the menu tonight ...



Salsa, Guacamole and Taco Sauce


Mexican Blend Cheese, Shredded Lettuce and Diced Tomatoes and Onions


Hard shells and soft shells.  Because I couldn't choose.


The whole spread!  We made beef and chicken - because I couldn't choose!


I made a gargantuous taco salad with tortilla chips.  And went back for a wee bit o' seconds.


The movie lineup - Radio City Christmas Spectacular and a Muppet Family Christmas!  Please tell me a child of the 80s is out there reading this that has seen Muppet Family Christmas.  My favorite line is, "Careful of the icy patch!"  That bit never gets old.

Night all!

2 comments:

  1. Of course i've seen a muppet family christmas!!! LOVE IT! :)

    That mexican spread looks AMAZING....{sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican food is so delicious.
    Have a wonderfull christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails