Thursday, November 4, 2010

Friends, Food, Coffee and Running (Half Marathon Training 11/4/2010)

Happy Thursday!  Tomorrow's Friday!  My favorite Second Lieutenant is town visiting for the night!

After some morning speed cleaning (I like to give guests the illusion that we are clean and organized, even though we're moving in a month), I headed into work just before lunchtime.  We had a class over lunch yesterday and got pizza, so the rest of my loaf of bread from the other day was just begging to be eaten!  And again - who needs a spoon for your soup when you can dunk bread in it?


I can't believe I went through that loaf of bread in two sittings.  I honestly didn't realize how HUNGRY I would be with all of this distance running!  It's crazy.

After work I snuck out for a 2-3 mile run.  It was 50 degrees and windy - MY KIND OF RUNNING WEATHER!  I love it when my face feels completely windblown - I feel so alive!  The run was awesome.  A lot of times I'll go out for a short run and be completely exhausted at the end and feel like a terrible distance runner (even though I can run long distances when I prepare myself mentally and physically).  Today I finished and I felt like I could have gone another 3-4 miles!  It was amazing.  I ran 3.61 miles in 36:56, averaging a 10:13 pace.  Blissful.

Onto dinner ...

Gilbert is actually in town en route to Fort Benning for Airborne School (meaning he gets to JUMP OUT OF PLANES FOR A MONTH) so we wanted to make sure he had a good dinner before heading out in the morning.  We went to Chili's (I totally devoured a Quesadilla Explosion Salad) and stopped at Starbucks on the way home!

Question - Has Starbucks always made a Thanksgiving Blend?  I have never seen it before and I feel like a bad coffee drinker.


I didn't buy a bag because last time I was at the grocery store I was intrigued by a five pound bag of coffee and am only about a third of the way through it.  I think I may actually buy some for Thanksgiving itself.  Has anyone tried it?


I was good and grabbed a decaf coffee (I've been trying to lay off the caffeine a little bit and I drank the entire french press this morning).  When I got home I added some skim milk (I usually drink coffee black, but there's something about coffee with milk at night that's so ... smooth) and am now enjoying the last bit of the evening with Bruce, Gib and Top Gear reruns.

I couldn't ask for a more perfect way to spend my night.

Goodnight all!

1 comment:

  1. You like Top Gear?! Eric got me watching it and admittedly, it's quite funny... :) I'm so proud of your training, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails