Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Good morning!  I am up and ready to head to church, but I thought I would share this super simple, yet amazingly delicious recipe before I left.  After Bruce cleaned up the kitchen from yesterday's shoofly pies I hopped in and made a batch of these.  They are delicious and since they have oatmeal in them, I'm eating them for breakfast.  Don't judge me.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from this recipe

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1 egg
2 tablespoons milk

1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
2 cups (1 12 oz. package) mini chocolate chips


Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.


Combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.


Whisk it together and put it aside.


Meanwhile get your butter softened up.


Combine butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla into a bowl.


And mix it up!  Or let your shiny mixer do it for you and think about the people who gifted you your beloved KitchenAid.  Thanks Mom and Dad!


Add your egg ...


And then gradually add your dry ingredient.  Mix until well blended.


Add your milk (the mixture should be really smooth at this point).


Get your oats ready!  The original recipe didn't call for this many oats, but they are just so yummy and hearty that I knew I wanted more.


Add your bag of chocolate chips.  I use the mini ones because unless you are making big cookies, smaller chips yield much better cookies.  They mix into the batter better.


Let 'er rip!  I'm not gonna lie, this dough is dense.  My mixer was shaking.


Looks good to me!


Mmm, cookie dough.  The salmonella outbreak made me terrified of raw eggs, so I refuse to eat cookie dough now.  Sad.


Scoop your cookies onto an un-greased cookie sheet.


These cookies won't expand too much, so you could actually put them a little bit closer to one another if you were trying to squeeze more onto one sheet.

Now cook 10-12 minutes.  Remove from pan and place on cooling sheets immediately.


Oh yum.


It's like having a big bowl of oatmeal ... right?

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for something to make for my friend's birthday tomorrow, and she loves oatmeal...so I decided to search your blog, and I think I've found it! Thanks twin!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails