Friday, October 15, 2010

Let's Marvel

TGIF!

I was talking to a friend of mine today about the fact that Americans don't do a really good job at stopping to really marvel at everything around them.  Last night's two hour drive to church really drove that point home to me.  We sit in traffic.  We eat fast food (or eat food fast).  We work more than 40 hours a week.  We don't get enough sleep.  We run run run.  We don't stop to marvel at the beauty that surrounds us.

I started thinking about this a couple of weeks ago when Kari and I saw Eat, Pray, Love.  I loved this book and movie because that is EXACLTY what Elizabeth Gilbert did.  She stopped.  She slowed down.  And she marveled.

I think one of the reason that I have been gravitating towards the food blogging genre lately is because I want to truly enjoying what I'm eating.  I mean - if you have to eat to survive, you may as well make it an enjoyable experience, right?


Speaking of marveling ... 


 I think this is my new favorite snack.  Yoplait french vanilla yogurt, granola and canned pineapple.


Yum.  So healthy, so filling, so sweet!


I paired it with a multi-grainy-filled slice of bread smothered in peanut butter and it filled me up!  Bruce just called and asked what we were having for dinner - I told him that he might be on his own!

I spent a little bit of time with the HTML of my blog to try and widen everything up so I could upload bigger pictures.  What do you think?


Let's marvel at some snapshots of FALL, shall we?


Have I mentioned lately that I love fall?  Because I do.  I think it's good for my mental health.


What are you marveling at tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails