Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kitty Niece

Good morning!  I'm actually much less sore this morning after last night's 8 mile run than I thought I would be.  I did, however, wake up HUNGRY!


It was a perfect morning for waffles.  I'm out of syrup so topped it with powdered sugar and pineapple pieces.  Delicious!


Yummmmm.

I went to sleep thinking that I really needed to add a number 6 to last night's list of things I learned from my run - IMPORTANCE OF BREATHING!  I know I should have thought of this earlier because I'm a musician, but steady, controlled and intentional breathing helped me so much yesterday.  Because I didn't have my iPod, there were a lot of times when I just focused on my breathing and I was amazed at how much better my endurance was, especially when I was pushing myself up a hill.

I think the importance of breathing is also a good life lesson too.  Ask yourself this question - have you stopped to take a deep breath lately?  Treat yourself.

One more thing on running - Bruce and I talked about it and I've decided not to run the AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K Run this weekend.  There are multiple reasons why it is not the best idea for me right now in terms of my half training, but the icing on the cake was when I took the opportunity to preach this Sunday.

Speaking of which ... Pilgrimage folks - I'm preaching on Sunday.  You're not going to want to miss it.

I do, however, think there is a group from church doing the walk, so I'll probably head down that way anyway!

***

Okay, onto cuter things.  I'm an Aunt!!!!!


Meet Fiona!  My sister adopted her over the weekend.


Oh my.

Dear Fiona,
Stay that small until I get to meet you in December.  I'll bring you lots of catnip.
Love,
Aunt Sarah

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails