Saturday, October 9, 2010

Half Of A Half Marathon Training 10/9/10

What happened to my beautiful cool fall weather?


I had 8 miles on the schedule for today and for multiple reasons they didn't happen.  For starters, I wasn't prepared for the heat, the gatorade I brought with me was way watered down (whoops, my bad) and I was awake until 2 a.m. watching the Braves game.  I also don't really know how to fuel well for these morning runs - I think my afternoon and night runs have been so good because I can fuel all day.  What do I do when my feet hit the pavement within an hour or two of waking up?  I think I may also want to adjust my schedule, because I think even trying to run on Thursday did more harm than good, long term.

Most of all, I think I was just tired.  There is a lot going on right now and I just didn't have it me.  I finished 3.54 miles in 39:04, averaging a 11:01 pace.  I knew I made the right choice in stopping when I was driving home and having a hard time staying awake at the wheel.

I've had a quiet day at home, doing some laundry and zoning out in front of football and NCIS reruns.  As the day has gone on, I'm starting to feel my head get heavier and my sinuses are started to burn a little bit - I'm wondering if the changing weather is catching up to me?  If so, that would explain my lack of energy this morning, too.

Here's to hoping it's just allergy-type symptoms and I don't get sick!  I don't have time to get sick!

Enjoy your Saturday ...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails