Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Cold Run - Half Marathon Training 10/4/10

Good Morning and HAPPY WEAR A DRESS TUESDAY!  I am officially declaring it FALL in Georgia and pulling out something warm and cozy today.  Unfortunately for all of us fall-lovers, the forecast in Atlanta is only getting warmer as the week goes on :( - so I am going to milk these cooler temps while I've got them.

Speaking of cooler temps ... it was 60 degrees with downright balmy wind when I headed out for my run yesterday.  My face was completely windblown when I got home - but I loved it!  I am definitely a cold weather runner.  Actually, I think I am just a cold weather person in general.

Bruce put 3-4 miles on my training schedule today, but I really wanted hit 4.  After it took me a day and a half to recover from my 7 mile run on Saturday, I realized just how important it is to continue to build my endurance.   The run itself was awesome - I didn't really fuel well before (I mixed some granola into peanut butter which sat like a sharp rock in my stomach - I need to get myself some more Clif Bars!) but I pushed through and am so glad that I did.


I ran 4.00 miles in 44:16, averaging a 11:03 pace.  I LOVE COLD WEATHER RUNNING!

I'm off to start my day!  Happy Wear a Dress Tuesday!  (Send pics if you've got 'em - sarahelizabethweaver[at]gmail[dot]com)

***

Did you know that the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month organization has an entire shop full of products you can buy that support breast cancer education?

Also - according to NBCAM, the Georgia Aquarium will be lit in pink for the entire month of October!  Bruce and I are going to need to take a drive to investigate sometime soon ...

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! So proud of you on the running...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails