Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wear a Dress Tuesday and I'm Back on the Horse!

It's Wear a Dress Tuesday!


This morning I traded in my knee length dresses and heels for a maxi dress and a pair of flats I bought last time I was in Honduras.  I'm pretty sure this entire outfit cost me $2, because Sara gave me the dress, my mom bought the brown pullover (though it was on massive clearance) and the shoes were two-ish dollars (I don't remember how much the lempira was worth to the dollar at the time, but I do remember wishing I had bought 10 pairs on the flight home).

This was what my facebook status said this morning ... 


So let's seem some of these strong, beautiful and insightful women ... 


Not a woman, a dress.  Sarah took this picture before she got dressed this morning ... 


... and then took this AWESOME shadow shot later in the day.  I love it.  It's kind of mysterious.  And artistic.  And beautiful.  Like her.


Sara found a way to sneak one of her Vera Bradley's into the picture. :) Love the shoes!


This was Stephanie and one of her coworkers last week ... 


... and Stephanie, Jessie and Shonna (from right to left) this week!


Christen, Kelly and Megan.  Aww, hospital IDs.  I had to surrender mine ... 


Kari and her mom, Barb.  Barb totally treated me like a third daughter when I was in college and took me in and fed me on many weekends.  To this day she still sends me all sorts of delicious recipes to try (she's the genius behind Cheddar Chowder!) and various and miscellaneous advice about life.  Love her!

Oh - say a prayer for Kari tomorrow - she's having ankle surgery!

Oh ... and she would also like to offer the following disclaimer on the photo:  I'm smiling big because my camera was on timer and I only had two seconds because when we did 10 seconds, we were laughing by the time it took. :)

Ha, good to know.

***

So, I did something this morning that I haven't done in eight months.  I rode the scooter!  I haven't ridden since I crashed back in December and I swore I would never get back on.  Then I spent the summer at Grady and swore I would sell it and live in a bubble.

And then I woke up this morning and decided I needed to (carefully) get back on the horse.

It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Especially when that prerogative saves her money on parking.

Have a great night, y'all! 

6 comments:

  1. AWWWW!!!! I'm so glad someone got some use out of that dress!!! I can't believe i never wore it! It looks precious on you!!! Love you!! Happy WADT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you said about me almost made me cry!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your WADT are evolving into something wonderful! I loved your FB status when I read that!

    Maybe one day you'll see me joining in... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see the Facebook page...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I forgot to tell you that you can definitely link my post about dresses to your wear a dress Tuesday. That is such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails