Saturday, August 14, 2010

Drizzly Saturday

So I woke up this morning and my first thought was wondering how last night was for the on call chaplain.  Then I proceeded to check the AJC to see if there were any high profile cases taken to Grady.

I think it's safe to say it's going to take me awhile to get out of the CPE mindset.

Anyway, we had a friend over last night, so it was a late night and I wanted to sleep in this morning.  I slept until 9:30 and it felt fantastic!  I ate a light breakfast and headed out for a run.  I'm thinking of running the AID Atlanta 5K on October 17th with some church members, so my plan for this morning was to run a 5K - but to focus on pacing myself as slowly as possible.  Here's how it went down ... 

Mile 1: 10:37
Mile 2: 11:07 <-- I had an encounter with a hill, ha.
Mile 3: 10:33
Last 0.25 Mile: 10:20 pace <-- I wasn't paying attention and ended up a little over the actual 5K
After that I slowed to a walk for about 0.5 miles.

It was cloudy and drizzly this morning, which was absolutely perfect to run in.  It looks like the sun might break through the clouds, which is actually kind of unfortunate, because I would love a good summer thunderstorm to get rid of some of this humidity we're dealing with.

All in all, I was happy with my results.  I have never been good at pacing myself when I am not on a treadmill, so the fact that I kept myself between a 10:00 and 11:00 mile is awesome.

I'm heading up to church for an afternoon rehearsal.  I didn't find time to play my saxophone once this summer, so it's going to feel great to take it out!

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails