Friday, June 18, 2010

This One is Too Funny Not to Share

I was down in the burn unit this afternoon to check on a newly admitted patient and see how their family was doing (I had heard from the OC chaplain last night that there were a lot of family members milling around when the patient was admitted).

I checked in with the Sr. Staff Nurse and she offered to introduce me to the family.  We walked into the room and she introduced me to the patient, his father and his uncle as the chaplain.

The patient's uncle looked me up and down, took a deep breath and said loudly (with a heavy southern accent):  "Well, you're the prettiest chaplain I've ever seen!  They didn't make them like that like when I was younger."

When I got back to the chaplaincy office I told my supervisor that I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be offended or flattered.  It was 3:45 on Friday afternoon.  I chose flattered.

TGIF y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails