Saturday, December 12, 2009

Stick a Fork In Me

I'm done!!

As of 2:15 yesterday afternoon, I am officially DONE with the Fall 2009 semester!!  My Nonviolent Strategies for Social Change class had presentations from 2:00 to 5:00 and I asked my professor if I could go first - I figured if I got mine out of the way I would be able to pay better attention to everyone else's presentations.  They all ended up going long, but I didn't care ... I'M DONE!!!!! (Now it's just waiting [im]patiently for my grades to post, ha!!)

Bruce and I celebrated by having a sophisticated and oh-so-adult night out ... at Dave & Busters, haha.  Bruce had never been to one!!  I couldn't believe that.  So we had dinner and then played in the arcade for close to two hours.  Some times you just need to be a kid again.

Today has been a whole lot of NOTHING.  I had a rehearsal at the church at 11 and I stopped by Target on my way home to browse their selection of Christmas movies.  I ended up buying the Polar Express, but did not realize until I got home that I had bought the 3D version!!  Luckily there are two discs, so after we tried on the glasses and watched five minutes of the 3D version just to see what it was like, we put in the widescreen and while we watched Bruce made dinner and I made some changes on my blog!!  What do you think?  I wanted a warmer, winter feel.  I  chose purple because it's the liturgical color for Advent and oh myyyy I love Advent!!

That's basically it.  Eventually I will start to be productive, go through some stuff, clean out my desk, get to work on my ordination papers, etc.  But for the time being am content to sit by a roaring fire and revel in my lack of school work!!

Peace,
Sarah

p.s. My finger is starting to heal from my scooter accident!!  Last night I looked down and started to see my knuckle for the first time in two days and it's starting to bend more freely.  So while a huuuuuuge bruise has emerged on my left leg, I think I am on the mend.  Thanks for all the kind thoughts!!

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Yay for being done! One more semester, ordination papers, and CPE to go! Tell Bruce I can't believe he's never been to a D+B, they are so much fun! Your blog looks very cool - very wintery and mysterious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Isn't it such a peaceful feeling?

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails