Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Toxic.

So according to the AJC ...

***

Forbes rates  Atlanta 'most toxic city' in U.S.

Forbes magazine rates Atlanta as the "most toxic" city in the United States.

"In Atlanta, Ga., you'll find southern gentility, a world-class music scene -- and 21,000 tons of environmental waste. In spite of its charms, the city's combination of air pollution, contaminated land and atmospheric chemicals makes it the most toxic city in the country," the magazine says in an article published this week.

If you are interested you can read the rest of the article here.

***

Can someone explain to me how the Public Health Capital of the World and the home of the Center for Disease Control can be the most toxic city in the U.S.?

No wonder I have so many headaches.

If you want to see where your closest cities rank, check out Forbes' list here.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you shared this... I'm sure we'd all be shocked to know what kinds of toxins we live in every day.

    Look for the link to your blog tomorrow! I'm published my ghost story follow up thing : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denver was voted the most dangerous city or something like that. Huh? These findings are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails