Sunday, November 8, 2009

Long Week

Last week was long.  Very very very long.

I am so grateful that I do not have any sit down exams this semester - just lots of papers and projects that allow me to work at my own pace and creativity level.

That being said ... I have written a LOT of papers lately.  It is starting to take its toll on me - I have spent a lot of time sitting at my desk in front of a computer screen and not outside, with Bruce or enjoying the other things that are going on in my life.

The only saving grace is that I am really loving what I am learning.  For two years I took classes that were necessary for graduation, my concentration and ordination.  Now I am finally taking classes just because they sparked my interest and fit into my schedule.  It rocks.  (A note to first and second years - you will get there I promise!!)

I spent a lot of time this week trying to come up with a good schedule for the upcoming year concerning my ordination.  It IS NOT easy to be so far away from my ordination committee right now - so much has to happen and it is overwhelming at times.  It's strange - for two years I have felt like I was in a holding pattern.  Now all of a sudden things are taking off and I am frantically trying to keep up.  I am surprised at how emotional I get when I start thinking about planning my ordination service at my church in Kent, CT - surrounded by the people who heard my call long before I was able to hear it myself.  Man - ask Bruce - every time I start talking about it (okay, thinking about it), I start crying.

I also got some scary news this week - I am fine, my family is fine, but I was reminded at just how precious life is.  And it has had me in a little bit of a daze.

Then the horrific shooting at Fort Hood happened.  My heart just aches for the families who lost loved ones and who are still tending to the injured.  I wish that there was more I could do for military personnel who are struggling desperately to understand their role while -as a country - we are at war.

All this is to say that my mind has been everywhere else but here.  So I covet your prayers as I get through these next couple of weeks.  I know that sometimes the best I can do is to just put one foot in front of the other.  But I think for tonight I will just put my feet up and get myself ready for the week.

Peace,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hope you got some much needed rest yesterday after your long week!

    The Fort Hood shooting was so scary and all week I've been praying for the families affected by it. So senseless and tragic.

    On a positive note, I hope you have a great week and that it's less stressful than last!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails