Thursday, August 27, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Bridal Showers

TGIF and welcome to another week of Kelly's Korner "Show Us Your Life."  This week is bridal showers!!  I absolutely CANNOT wait to look at all of your entries because I'm 24-years-old and my friends are all starting to get engaged and married which means I'm going to get to throw LOTS of bridal showers!!  I love throwing parties, especially overly girly ones!!


So ... 


Welcome to my bridal shower!!

My sister and maid of honor threw me my bridal shower at my parents house about three months before my wedding.  She was in the middle of midterms in her last semester of her masters at Columbia (yikes!!) so I told her to keep it simple and fun - it was really just a wonderful time for me to celebrate my upcoming wedding with the women in my church who watched me grow up, supported and loved me.  My sister planned a brunch, but - in typical church lady fashion - everyone offered to bring something and it turned into a full-on POTLUCK and we all stuffed ourselves silly with salads, macaroni and cheese, sandwiches, fruit and cupcakes.  Yumm!!
A woman that used to work with my sister helped set up and they used a watering can to "shower" me with gifts!!  It was so cute.


My friend's daughter Elizabeth was the youngest girl to be able to enjoy the day!!


Opening presents.  People were SO generous, I couldn't say thank you enough.


Me with my sister and my mom - it's scary how much we all look alike when we stand next to one another.  Three Hungarians - we may be a little bit crazy, but how can you not love us?

Thanks for stopping by!!  I can't wait to hear/see all of your showers and ideas!!
Sarah

2 comments:

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails