Friday, June 26, 2009

Kicking off the weekend ... Dreaming about the future

Has anyone else been listening to Michael Jackson nonstop today? Everyone in my office is. It's kind of fun to walk down the hall and hear the different songs playing. We're trying not to be sad - just grateful he shared his music with the world.

Kellys Korner Blog is hosting "Show Us Where You Live Friday" again today!! Today is Master Bedrooms. I LOVE seeing what people have done with their master bedrooms. They really are - well SHOULD BE - a sanctuary for the person or persons living in the house.


So check it out!! I'm having so much fun looking in from the outside on these tours. Bruce and I have been "apartment living" for almost two years now and we are READY for a house. Let me rephrase that - financially (and where I am in school) we aren't ready. But in terms of being ready to get a fixer-uper and mold our house into our family's home we are definitely ready!! I'm ready for paint colors and kitchen remodels, a basement turned media room and television-less living room, a garage for Bruce and a real office (with walls!!) for me.

I think fixing up a house, or taking something old and in need of TLC and bringing it back to life, speaks to the second creation story accounted for in Genesis. God used dirt to mold and then BREATHED LIFE into mankind. How cool is that? I just think using the same care to turn a house into a home is a great way to live out God's call in life.

I hope everyone's having a great start to their weekend!!

then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.
- Genesis 2:7

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah,

    First of all, congrats on your wedding!

    Second of all, I've been meaning to get over here and say thanks so much for the comment you left me yesterday. You have no idea how much that meant to me. Seriously. I struggle so much with certain things and to me those struggles are very real. Thanks so much for putting things in perspective for me!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails