Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Deer, Bears and Dog Bites

Deer - what my parent's dogs chased while I was out walking them today (do they realize that the deer is five times the size of them?!).

Bear - what has been visiting my parent's neighbors house the past couple of nights.

Dog Bite - what I got when I came between one of my parent's dogs and the dogs across the street.

Needless to say ... I'm not in Atlanta anymore.

Just another day, just a couple more things checked off of my list.  My parent's phone rang ALL DAY.  My family is getting ready to make the trip to CT so a lot of them are just checking in before they finalize their plans.  People also want to know what they can do to help, which I'm simultaneously touched and overwhelmed by.  It's amazing to me just how many people are reaching out to me right now.  God has blessed me with so many people in my life and words CANNOT describe my gratitude.  At one point there was a lull and I was home alone and I managed to finish my scrapbooks, wrap presents, pack up the candles so they're ready to be brought to the community house, put together a first draft of the seating charts and added some more music to the playlists.  The caterer also dropped by to pick up her deposit so I talked to her for about an hour to talk about timelines, schedules for set up, etc.

After all of this, I did what I absolutely needed to do - I went downstairs to run on the treadmill!!  I think treadmills were invented after the wedding industry started to become what it is today.

One final note ... it's been POURING all day and it's supposed to do this all week, but look at the weather report for Saturday ... 

Partly cloudy.  Lows in the mid-50's.  Highs in the low 70's.

That sounds just about perfect.

2 comments:

  1. i love reading your blog! Gives me a chance to see what you're up to without bugging you with phone calls... can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like to note that the bouncer picture is only half as cool with half the bouncer's cut out. Since it is YOUR blog, I forgive you. But I thought you should know I know what is on the left.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails