Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wait ... Work ... Worship.

I wait ...

... for my grades. I know about the A in Preaching (though it hasn't been posted yet), I know I've passed Con Ed (though it hasn't been posted yet) and my Non Profit Leadership grade was posted - I got an A-. Now I wait for Polity, Global Perspectives in Pastoral Care and New Testament.

I work ...

... on processing I20 forms for the incoming International Students at Rollins. You would not believe how complicated it is for someone who is not a U.S. citizen to come to the U.S. to go to school. I think a lot of us who were born and raised in the states take our education for granted. We apply, we get accepted, we go, we figure out the money stuff as we go along. If you're an international student, you have to apply through your embassy for a student visa and you're basically at the mercy of your embassy. Even if you go through all the steps, your request can still be denied. I can't imagine how stressful this must be for our students applying, so I do my best to expedite the process on my end. I love this part of my job - even though it's tedious and meticulous and has zero room for errors - the students show so much appreciation. I love getting to meet them in the fall and know that I took part in bringing them here.

I worship ...

Everyone at Candler talks about how school gets in the way of our time in worship and with God. Well ... school is out for the summer, what's my excuse now? I've been trying to spend a lot of time in prayer - even throughout my everyday tasks. When I think I need to talk to God or lift something up to God - even if I'm driving, trying to fall asleep, reading, working - I've been trying to force myself to stop and pray. It's easy for me to say "oh, I'll pray later." But what's wrong with right now? I don't have much time left before people look to me for spiritual leadership and guidance full time - it's time I focus on my own spiritual and prayer life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails