Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections

What a year this has been ...

So much has happened in 2008 and I can't believe that it's almost over!!

It's definitely been a year of highs and lows.  There have been some wonderful times - Bruce and I got engaged, we've settled in with a wonderful church family, moved into a nicer apartment and definitely grown in our relationship.  But there have been some stressful times - wedding planning is taking its toll on both of us, we haven't been as steady financially, I've had some doctors appointments and tried out some new medications to get my hormones under control (I think it made them worse), I had the worst academic semester of my life and my anxiety has resurfaced.  I have SO much to be thankful for, but I think I'm ready to close the door on it.  I have definitely had my share of stresses and I think I'm ready to start fresh.  That's what I love about the new year - even though you can't officially start fresh, symbolically you can.

Bruce and I are packing up to go to PA for a few days.  It's going to be a very quick trip.  We're leaving this afternoon, staying in a hotel somewhere tonight, finishing the drive tomorrow, visiting Neal and Alex and then going to West Chester for my cousin's wedding / New Years bash.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, but I get a little bit tired thinking about the trip!!  I don't know how I used to travel the way I did in college!!  Right now I'm packing up and getting ready for the trip and then I'll pick Bruce up around 1 and we're going to go from there.  I'm praying for an uneventful trip.

I think I'm ready to start a new phase of my life spiritually.  I'm going to try to be more diligent about daily prayer and devotion.  I'm going to spend time reflecting and meditating, connecting to God and trying to release my tension and anxiety.  It's not so much a resolution as it is a refocus.  I've never been good at following through on resolutions so I think I'm just going to look at this as making a change that will strengthen me and those around me.

Blessings into 2009!!
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails