Monday, November 3, 2008

One More ...

... exam.

I have a New Testament exam tomorrow morning and that will end my four weeks of exams.  I feel like a broken record in saying this, but I broke down last night, I'm so burnt out from taking tests.

Jon's mom's funeral was this morning.  Steven and I rode down to it together.  On our way there we were talking about how unfortunate it was that we had to feel like we were choosing between our Con Ed reflection group meetings and the funeral.  By the time we got there we had both admitted that we were a little upset with ourselves for feeling like their should have been a choice.  Shame on us.  Well - maybe shame on Candler for instilling that kind of fear in us that we created the choice.

The service was beautiful.  Jon's mom wanted a celebration of life and that's what it was.  The church invited any Candler students to lunch afterwards with the family, which was so wonderful of them to do.  I wish there was more I could do, but for today, being there was enough.

And now I sit among a pile of NT notes, not sure where to go from here.  Bruce wants me to let everyone reading know that in an attempt to trim his hair, he messed up and has now essentially buzzed it - just in time for winter.  Well - actually, maybe that's a good lesson for me.  Don't rush through the test, you'll mess something up and have to buzz your hair (or something like that).

Election Day is tomorrow ... I'm sure I'll have more to say about it then but for now I'm just going to pray for our country.

So close,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I hope your NT exam went well!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails