Thursday, October 30, 2008

I love my Daddy ...

For those of you who don't know, my parents are diehard Philadelphia Phillies fans.  You don't find many of them in Connecticut, but even throughout 30 years without a title, they remained faithful to their Phillies.  They remained faithful even when every other faculty member at my dad's school cheered for the Mets, Yankees or Red Sox.  He was very outnumbered.

Last night the Philadelphia Phillies won the World Series!!  My dad forwarded me the following e-mail that he sent out to the faculty when he got in this morning ... 


SUBJECT LINE:  of Baseball and Teacher-of-the-Year

A VERY good morning to all......

Apparently, one of the perks of being teacher-of-the-year is that you get to have your team win the World Series! (who knew?!) If that carries over to other sports as well then we can expect Penn State football and the UCONN Women’s Basketball team to win their respective championships as well. Place your bets early. I could pick the presidential election but there’s probably some rule about that being a violation of school e-mail policy.

In honor of the Phillies World Series victory, everyone should download the attached picture and set it as your computer’s desktop for the day.

Is the cafeteria serving cheesesteaks today?
Bob Keck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails